I have been using Java IDE NetBeans 6 Beta on Java 5 for a week or two now. This release is a definite improvement over the 5.X NetBeans. Here's a list of some of the new features that I ran into...
- Highlights - Yay!
- Ruby / Rails support - This includes a rails engine embedded in the full release. Project templates are created quickly and run from the IDE.
- Swing GUI development - Uses the new Java Desktop Application project template.
- Application profiling.
- AJAX enabled Java Server Faces (JSF) components - Includes Project Woodstock component library.
- Graphical Java WSDL editors
- And my favorite - it seems less buggy! I was able to import J2EE projects without all of the issues I would experience in NetBeans 5.X. No code obfuscation!